An exciting opportunity has become available for a Manager Engineering, to join a dynamic organisation with a global footprint.
You will have overall accountability for the day today management of the core network infrastructure and the deployment of network, security and voice services over that infrastructure.
You will be responsible for managing the engineering team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
Responsible for provision of new network services and new security and voice services (as these new standardised services are developed)
- As required, manage and participate in technical engagements with customers to provide advice and support.
- Review new network service solutions and, where appropriate, authorise. Provide feedback on unapproved designs.
- As required, review new security and voice service solutions and, where appropriate, authorise.
- Engage with the broader technical services/solutions team on the development of new products, as required
Responsible for ongoing support of the network and new security and voice services
- Engage with other departments and CTO to ensure that appropriate tools, documentation and resources are in place to resolve any problems and outages
- Ensure that the engineering team provide escalation point for network related issues and questions
- Ensure that the engineering team provide escalation point for new security and voice services
Responsible for the ensuring consistent, secure and resilient technical design of core network and related services
- Ensure that network maintenance and system upgrades are completed
- Proactively provide constructive critical analysis and recommendations for network development to CTO
- Provide advice and guidance on core network and other engineering designs
- Participate in network planning meetings relating to capacity, design and development of network
Ongoing Reporting and Monitoring
- Work with the broader Technical Services department to continually improve and develop reporting and analysis of network metrics.
- Ensure that documentation for all network related procedures, solutions and architectures is produced
- Monitor infrastructure resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide reporting on core network and customer services as required by the business
- Provide subject matter expertise as required to assist in business development and opportunities
- Provide recommendations for additional training to enhance the value of the engineering team
- Work with other departments (such as first line support team) to develop operational knowledge and capability
Necessary Experience and/or Qualification:
- Set the strategy and goals for the engineering team aligned to the department and to the larger organisational goals.
- Manage the team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
- Ensure that all staff to conform to the standard operating procedures & policies.
- 5+ years of hands-one network engineering experience in a service provider environment
- Relevant network certifications preferred
- Experience working with Linux / Unix
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and configurations(e.g., BGP, OSPF, STP, QoS)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience of managing a team of engineers within an ICT environment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions which may become available in the future.