An exciting opportunity has become available for a Voice Engineer, to join a dynamic organisation with a global footprint.
The successful candidate will assist with general network support, security, routing, switching, wireless and other network related duties.
As a Voice Engineer, you will be responsible for implement and support VoIP installations from planning to implementing VoIP consulting engagements.
· Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP installations as necessary
· Responds to network, voice network, and complex customer challenges
· Tests, certifies and documents the network and equipment installation procedures
· Ensure performance monitoring and optimization within the VoIP network
· Accountable for VoIP network availability and security (network security and fraud)
· Comprehensive skills in IP Addressing, sub netting
· Switching, VLANs
· Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers when escalating faults or implementing new services
· 5 Years’ experience with VOIP(SIP) ideally within a service provider environment (configuring trunking and call routing)
· Networking skills, basic routing and switching
· TDM/ISDN/E1 experience beneficial
· Preferred CCNP / CCIE-Voice
· Preferred Microsoft MCSE
· Must be comfortable diagnosing issues from logs and packet captures
· Knowledge of Sonus SBC 1000/2000 and 5000 devices desirable
· Knowledge of Sonus/NET VX devices desirable
· Basic Linux sysadmin skills desirable
· Virtualisation Hypervisor (VMware and HyperV) experience desirable
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions which may become available in the future