As a Systems Administrator Engineer, you will be responsible for maintenance, support and development of secure, reliable, and efficient Linux services on virtual and physical infrastructure.
Support for the IT infrastructure, as directed by company procedures and requirements
- Using appropriate tools and resources, troubleshoot problems and outages
- Strong Linux Administration Skills
- Knowledge and experience of deploying, management and support of common web servers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat
VMware and server Administration
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware), SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume
Ensure secure environment
- Use appropriate configurations, tools and follow relevant procedures to assure the security of the infrastructure
- Utilise suitable monitoring to track and record access and use of systems
- Proactively analyse vulnerabilities and provide strategy/options for mitigation.
On-going Reporting and Monitoring
- Monitor key performance metrics and indicators for infrastructure to ensure service availability
- Knowledge Management
- Provide subject-matter expertise as required to assist in business development and opportunities