An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Network Engineer, to join a dynamic organisation with a global footprint.
This driven, self starter will support the Engineering Manager in providing technical leadership for the development and maintenance of secure, reliable, and efficient IT infrastructure, including voice, network, security and other hosting elements.
As Senior Network Engineer, you''ll be responsible for establishing and maintaining optimal IT infrastructure performance by building appropriate technical designs and configurations, and providing escalation support for the infrastructure.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Support for the network and IT infrastructure: Use the appropriate tools and resources to troubleshoot IT infrastructure problems and outages.
- Key Accounts Engagement: Work with the Engineering Manager and account management teams to ensure there is a framework for successful engineering engagements. Lead the engineering and support engagement for key accounts and build a strong and trusted technical engagement with the customer engineering teams.
- Network Engineering: Work within established configuration and change management policies, to ensure success of network changes. Participate in the installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing management of network, security, hosting and voice equipment.
- Ensure security of the technical infrastructure: Use appropriate configurations, tools and follow relevant procedures to assure the security of the technical infrastructure.
- On-going Reporting and Monitoring: Assist in the monitoring of IT infrastructure resource usage, trending and capacity planning, as required by the business.
- Knowledge Management: Provide subject-matter expertise to assist in business development and documenting procedures, product specifications and technology deployments that will provide guidance to other support and engineering staff.
- 5 years+ of hands-on network engineering experience in a business focused environment
- 3 years+ experience working directly with large corporate customers
- 3 years+ experience of working with firewall configurations and deployments
- 3 years+ experience in providing documented infrastructure designs aligned to business requirements
- Proven understanding of networking protocols and configurations (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS)
- Proven understanding of monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Proven understanding of security features such as proxy, WAF, IPSEC / SSL VPN, IDS, and UTM services
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge of load-balancing services (SNAPT, F5) advantageous
- Experience and knowledge of VMware networking components (DVS, NSX) advantageous
- Experience with ISO 27002 and PCI advantageous
- Experience with Cisco CUBE, CUCM deployments advantageous
- Experience with Sonus Voice deployments advantageous
- Relevant network certifications advantageous
- Experience working with Linux / Unix advantageous
- Strong understanding and experience working with eBGP, transit and IX peering configurations advantageous
- Knowledge / experience of SIP, G.711, and G.729 voice coding schemes, Call Admission Control advantageous
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions which may become available in the future.