An exciting opportunity has become available for a Network and Monitoring Engineer, to join a dynamic organisation with a global footprint.
The Network and Monitoring Engineer will work with the Network Support/Engineering teams and the Enterprise Monitoring team, to monitor the company's complete estate, including all servers and WAN/LAN.
Necessary Experience and/or Qualifications
- Interfacing monitoring tools which integrate with BPM Online for ticketing.
- Gathering system performance requirements.
- Actively monitoring components of the infrastructure and its application (OS, DB, CPU, Memory, Errors), and tracking application errors (application logs).
- Tuning and optimizing system/applications.
- Designing, developing, installing and ensuring the operation of network monitoring systems (e.g. aSolarwinds, PRTG and Observium)
- Working together closely with the engineering and operations departments, external stakeholders and manufacturers
- Supporting and maintaining the organisation's monitoring applications.
- Defining and controlling compliance with guidelines and requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience with Solarwinds, PRTG, Observium, Cacti and Nagios scripting and the other Network monitoring tools.
- Expertise in application and infrastructure monitoring and capacity planning.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience with network monitoring experience in a large enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of PCI requirements and their impact.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures.
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues.
- Understanding of common information and architecture frameworks.
- Completed technical education (CCNA/CCNP/MCSE/VMWare/Cloud) and at least 5 years working experience.
- Experience in either of the areas of Application management, Server management, Network management or Optical/IP/voice networking.
- Know-how of Network Management System-Tools (like Solarwinds, PRTG and Observium).
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your vacancy application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable roles / positions which may become available in the future.